This job provides opportunities for leadership on this campus and is committed to the personal and professional development of its student leaders.
- Workload of up to 10 hours per week, pays $10 per hour, and offers a custom schedule around academic and personal non-negotiables; some weekday evenings and/or Friday hours are expected.
- Provide appointment and/or drop-in tutoring to currently enrolled undergrads for 100+ courses in 30+ subjects.
- Earn nationally recognized certifications as a Level 1 Certified, Level 2 Advanced, and Level 3 Master Tutor through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Opportunities for campus leadership and personal and professional development through the service of helping peers learn and academically progress.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate with one semester of academic coursework at UNC Charlotte.
- Cumulative GPA over 3.0, preferred program GPA over 3.3
- (A) grade performance in the course(s) for which you are applying. Transfer and lab grades are NOT evaluated.
- Two references. One reference from a UNC Charlotte faculty member in the subject area you apply to tutor, and preferably in the main course of expertise. The other can be an employment reference or another faculty.
- A commitment of at least 2-semesters is encouraged and in-semester resignations are highly discouraged.
|Fall||Deadline to Apply||March 31st|
|Interviews / Hire||April / May /June|
|Spring||Deadline to Apply||October 31st|
|Interviews / Hire||November / December|