Peer Assisted Learning sessions are virtual for Fall 2020! If you are enrolled in a PAL supported course, see instructions below to join a virtual PAL session or simply find the course you are enrolled in (check list below) and click on the Zoom link to join!
Steps for students to join a PAL session via Zoom:
Each course we offer PAL sessions for has its own Canvas page. If you have not accepted the Canvas invite, you will need to do so in order to have access to the Canvas meetings.
If you cannot find an invite to the PAL course’s Canvas page, please contact email@example.com to have an invite re-sent.
Next, download the free Canvas app and Zoom app in your electronic store (i.e. Google store, App Store). You are able to use your laptop/computer, phone, tablet etc.
- Access the PAL Canvas course
- In the left course navigation, click the Zoom link
- Click Join for the meeting you want to attend
- If the PAL leader has started the meeting, the Zoom window is displayed
- If the PAL leader has not started the meeting yet:
- An informational dialog box is displayed
- While you are waiting, you can check your audio setting by clicking Test Computer Audio
- The Audio Settings dialog box is displayed and you can test your speaker and headphones
- When you are finished testing, close the dialog box
- The Zoom window will be displayed when the PAL leader starts the meeting
Created by Caryl Gordon through UNC-Charlotte IT Services.
Check the list below for available courses and times for virtual PAL.
If you have any questions, please call 704-687-7846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.