Peer Tutor Minimum Qualifications
- You must have completed at least one semester of academic work at UNC Charlotte.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 Overall GPA.
- Tutorial Services prefers that you have made an “A” in courses you wish to tutor but “B” grades will also be considered.
- You must be fluent in English.
- Tutors are required to be enrolled in 9 or more credit hours at UNC Charlotte for the semester which they are applying for. *It is the students’ responsibility to notify the program coordinator if this changes at any time before or during the semester.
- Due to unique course requirements and diverse methodology at other institutions, Tutorial Services reserves the right to select candidates who have completed their coursework at UNC Charlotte.
- Tutorial Services gives hiring preference to undergraduate students who have completed their coursework at UNC Charlotte. Graduate Students should take this into consideration before applying to open positions.
- Tutorial Services requires references from at least two individuals. One of the two must be completed by a UNC Charlotte faculty member from the subject area you wish to tutor. The other may be completed by another faculty member or be a professional recommendation. *It is your responsibility to contact these individuals to inform them of your application. Tutorial Services sends electronic evaluations to those you list.
- If you wish to tutor in your native language (ie: Spanish, Chinese, etc) you must be recommended by the Language and Culture Studies Faculty. Please visit the office in the College of Education Building room 427 to schedule an appointment with a professor.
To apply, please submit the following items via email to email@example.com :
Unofficial Transcript(s) (through Banner)
*WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS YEAR-ROUND*
For orientation training purposes applicants following our timelines recieve priority hiring consideration:
Applying to Tutor In
Application Due By*
|Fall (August start)||July 31st||July/August|
|Spring (January start)||November 1st||November/December|
UCAE Tutorial Services appreciates your interest in becoming a Peer Tutor!