Interested in a Leadership Position on Campus for Fall 2017?
The SI program is looking for SI leaders in the follwing subjects:
- The list of courses the program will be looking for will be coming soon!
Policies and Supplemental Instruction Leader Qualifications
Click here to see comments from current and past SI leaders!
- SI Leaders are required to be enrolled in no less than 9 credit hours at UNC Charlotte for the semester which they are applying for.
- *It is the students’ responsibility to notify the program coordinator if this changes at any time before or during the semester.
- Students withdrawing from all courses during the applied semester will immediately be dismissed from SI leadership.
- Leaders must have made an “A” in the course which they are applying for.
- The Supplemental Instruction program requires at least one faculty recommendation from the subject which they are applying.
- Leaders are required to attend a two day training previous to the start of the semester.
- Leaders work 10 hours a week maximum.
- Leaders are required to attend all class meetings of the course they are selected to support.
- Leaders are expected to conduct four SI sessions per week during the semester starting the second week of class.
- Leaders are required to attend one hour of weekly SI training.
- SI leaders need to have a minimum GAP of 3.0 to apply for an available position.
To Apply, please submit the following items to email@example.com:
2 Faculty Recommendations - Only one recommendaiton needs to be from a faculty member in the department in which you are applying to be an SI leader. Preferably the faculty member who you took the course with in which you are applying.
To submit your application, please send your application and unofficial transcript to a firstname.lastname@example.org. Two recommendations are required and should be listed on the applicaion with Name, Relationship and current email address.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Supplemental Instruction Leader!